Did you enjoy your time in Geneva during your summer school? Is there a research topic you want to explore further? A UNIGE professor you would be interested in working with? Are you looking for a unique academic experience? The GenevaScholars program may be for you!
GenevaScholars is a programme designed to give students the opportunity to conduct research in English or French under the supervision of a Professor from the University of Geneva. Candidates may choose a research project from the list offered by GenevaScholars but they can also submit their own research project.
Through the programme, candidates not only become familiar with research, they also benefit from the one-on-one interaction with their supervisor, who helps them monitor their research and acquire practical methods; a valuable set of knowledge re-usable all along their future academic curriculum or in other professional endeavours.
In addition, students enrolled in GenevaScholars are given the opportunity to improve their French in following French lessons included in the programme. This programme is open to students, but also to those not currently studying looking for a new experience.
- Bachelors or Masters students enrolled at any university, to the exception of American universities.
- Students studying at American universities are not-eligible for GenevaScholars but can apply to EuroScholars, which is a similar programme.
- The programme takes place over one or two semesters (winter or spring).
- Shorter stays (6-8 weeks) are also possible.
- A maximum of 30 ECTS Credits for a semester exchange
- A maximum of 12 ECTS Credits for shorter stays.
Fees & Scholarship
- 3'000.- CHF (semester) / 1'500.- CHF (short stay).
- A limited number of GenevaScholars Excellence Scholarship are available only for students participating to the semester programme.
Ms. Christa Lang
Office: 10-12, passage Baud-Bovy, 1205 Genève
Mailing Address: Bd du Pont d'Arve 40
CH-1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 379 80 90